Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Children's Desires


One of the really wonderful things God has done in m life is give me children who desire to know Him. They do it differently, but they also feed off of each other. My 6-yr old son loves the Word of God. He wanted the same version that I have, a NIV, not a children's Bible.

I have a bunch of Bibles, so I gave him one of the new paperback NIVs I had a couple months back. He's been taking this to school some days to just read. I'm totally shocked and amazed, in a very pleasing way. God is so good. He's learning to not only read, but comprehend. The fact that he's doing this on his own really blesses me.

God is drawing my little son to Him. That is so very awesome. We get books regularly from the public library which each of my kids choose. He will read these books, but they don't really seem to interest him, rather, he just wants to read the Bible. He enthusiastically does this, and this has caused my daughter to want more of the Word, too.

My 9-yr old daughter is learning to love the Word, but it hasn't been like my son. However, what has interested my daughter s learning the various names of God, the names of Jesus. Just today, she asked me for some things she saw that I had. I have a prayer for the whole armour of God as well as a Daily Prayer Covering. She wanted me to print out copies for her.

She is excellent at memorizing and a fantastic reader. I asked her if she wanted some verses that I use and she said, "Yes." I gave her 2 pages and she was delighted. She got so excited as she read some of the verses, as those are some of the things that I pray over.

Thank you God for my children.
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment