Thursday, January 28, 2010

Listening


There is a lot to write here, but I only have a few moments.

If we listen real closely, watch, we can often see that God IS answering our prayers. It may not be in how we want, but they are answers - Yes, No, Wait, or, I have something better in store. As I look at my business, my finances, my children, my beau, my family, friends, and the list goes on, I can see how there are times I'm glad God said, "NO" or "wait".

What I'm learning is God doesn't punish His children, rather he corrects and disciplines those whom He loves. I hate being forced into something, rather, I've been asking the Lord to be gentle with me. The past 3 years, it's been so harsh -- not because God is harsh, but the things that happened were harsh.

I've experienced God's great mercies and tenderness during those harsh times.

There are things in my life, maybe because my will or resolve is weak or just because I'm so fleshly and sinful, that are challenges for me. Yet, God so loves me and speaks so gently to me. I was reading in the Bible, in the Gospels yesterday and on a particular chapter. I was also finishing up on a book that made reference to that chapter. And, somewhere else I was reading or something referenced all those things, summing things up.

My son also chose to read in 2 Psalm that speak of the things God has been impressing upon my heart.

On top of that, He spoke through my beau on a portion of it where he heard it from the church he decided to try yesterday. Who says God doesn't work? He does. He totally speaks if we are willing to listen to Him.

All these coincidences? I think not.

Listen, watch. Be still. Be open to however God wants to communicate.
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment