Monday, December 14, 2009

Acronym


F = Forgiveness
A = Actions
V = Victory in Jesus
O = Omniscient (God)
R = Radical Change


and, to make it really delicious, we add an "L"

L = Love (God's perfect love)

FORGIVENESS: There are many words I could've put for this acronym, but these are apropo for my life. Forgiveness is a HUGE factor in being able to love, to move forward in life, to let go of things life offenses that keep us in bondage. I've had to forgive myself for not making right choices - some of them were out of sheer ignorance, others, intentional. Then, there are people who have intentionally wronged me or that were perceived wrongs. There is a whole slew of those. Then, there are many where it wasn't intentional by others.

Without the ability to forgive, we hold onto hurts and keep ourselves imprisoned. The Bible teaches us to forgive 70 x 7. Yes, for you mathematicians, that's 490. Believe it or not, there are people who do count and record our wrongs. I was married to someone like that. However, God's point was not so that we count the sins against us, rather we forgive.

None of us are without sin and imagine each of your sins putting a nail into Christ's body on the cross. It's grossly and sickening to think of that. Yet, God forgives us if we ask Him to.

ACTIONS: Once you realize you are making wrong choices or that there is a mess to clean up, you gotta take action. Things just don't clean themselves up. The Law of Entropy states that things go more towards disorder, chaos. Rightly so. A lot of actions have had to be taken to clean up the emotional, relational, spiritual, financial messes that were left in the wake of my divorce. It's still going on.

Faith also takes actions. The Bible says "Faith without works is dead." If you never do anything (act upon) about what you believe, then do you really believe it?

VICTORY IN JESUS: I've had so many victories over these past few years in overcoming things I was not able to until the lies were exposed. God says in James that if we lack wisdom, we are to ask God for this and He will give it to us without reproach. Man's wisdom is fallible and full of flaws/lies from the enemy (Satan). However, as I have sought Truth, God's Truth, He's been showing me subtle as well as big lies I've believed.

One of the big lies is that I am not loved, not worthy, that my worth is based upon my performance. That's baloney and a lie from the pit of hell. As I've learned about my signifance in Jesus Christ, I've gained victories innumerable.

OMISCIENT (GOD): I serve a risen Savior, Jesus Christ. God is perfect. His love is perfect. What Jesus did on the Cross is finished, done, kaput. I do not need to add to this. No edits, no addendums. God is in the business of miracles. Jesus won victory over death. Though things may "seem" bad, it is only temporary.

RADICAL CHANGE: I remember always worrying about this and that, living for the future - not being present, being critical over every minute thing, a complete control freak, obsessed & addicted to so many things. Guess what? God has done a radical change in me. Yes, sometimes I still fall into some of that, but since the lies were exposed, I've been able to speak God's Truth into those areas.

I wasn't a horrible person before. In fact, lots of people liked and loved me. But, I wasn't where God wanted me to be and was enslaved to ME, the fear of Man, and what seemed like a gagillion fears. Do I want her back? NO WAY!! So, my journey has been quite adventuresome and going through some rough jungles. Wow, I have learned so much and no longer the same!! Praise You God!

LOVE: I am totally experiencing God's love in my life and I have seen it through so many people, events, things that I'm not sure that I have found all the ways God has loved on me. Without Love, even if I have all the money in the world, the smartest person, the humblest, and the list goes on, all of that is useless. It's through God's love working in others that it's given me compassion, mercy, a change in perspectives, a heart that reaches out to others, to name a few.

God's love DOES make the world go round. If not, God could've really just destroyed the world and then it wouldn't even be able to revolve around the sun.
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment