Monday, December 14, 2009

New Beginnings


As I've pondered many things in the course of the past few years and the many transitions my children and I have gone through, I've decided to create a blog that is not private, rather will share with you some of my thoughts in how God is working in our lives.

I recently shared with a dear friend, it's easy to give God praise when things in our lives are going well, but what happens when things aren't going well and the bad things just keep coming day after day, week after week, month after month, and even for years? Can you still have a grateful heart and give God thanks for what you're learning?

In various stages of the journey I've gone through, sharing of some very personal experiences has been gut-wrenching, and often times, my desire is to seclude myself to just a handful of people to whom I feel I can entrust those thoughts to whom care about us. Granted, many people love & care for us, but each do it in their own ways, sometimes just out of their own brokenness in how they know how to love. Sometimes that isn't too great, but it's what they can do, and so there is grace, God's grace.

The title of this new blog seems as if I'm made an error in it by forgetting that "flavor" is with a "L", but it was intentionally left out. God's favor upon a person's life, or a nation, or a group of people is truly delicious. Can you smell the wonderful aroma wafting through the air of when God's favor touches your life? It is warm, delightful, and sweet. It wiggles it's way into even the cold, ugly areas and allows a bursting forth of flavors that so enriches our lives.

Since a part of me is very private, I'll sparingly use names, places in my blog, rather sometimes substitute names to keep some level of privacy, while sharing poignant things God is doing in and around our lives.

Welcome!
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment