Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sun, 23-Sep-2012 -- Clean Up


Clean Up by Mike Hohman

Clean Up, a photo by Mike Hohman on Flickr.
The process of cleaning up my life has taken quite a few years and the past 3 weeks, I've really ramped up this clean-up for the remaining unhealthy things I was holding onto.  The clean-up has been a result of identifying areas that I was hanging onto that were unhealthy, ungodly, living on the fence.  It's led to many hours of discussions with God, my beau, and soul searching as why all this mess was in my life.  Most messes in our lives were not the result of a big catastrophe, rather they were little compromises here and there that ultimately resulted in some big negative event in one's life.

The clean-up has resulted in seeing what was on the internet of my stuff and through nearly a decade of posting on the internet, there are thousands of pieces of items, things that when I posted I thought was a good idea, but now, years later, I no longer want all that stuff out there.  I've been deleting accounts (thankfully that even though I don't remember specifics of those accounts, with enough information, I could still get the accounts deleted), deleting contacts & "friends", deleting items & posts, pictures.

Not only that, I've been deleting phone #s, blocking #s and email addresses, deleting files on my computer, especially in areas where I had unhealthy, ungodly ties to others.  Maybe I wasn't experiencing the success I wanted was because I was hanging onto these things, thinking I needed them.  The reality was when I completely let go of every aspect of these things, I began to have freedom and the weights, the familiar weight, was lifted off.

Nearly 6 yrs ago, I went through a blood line cleansing where a lot of spiritual familiar spirits were lifted off me, but since I continued to a small degree to entertain them, some of them came back again and attached themselves to me.  In my own power, at times, I tried to get rid of them, but couldn't.  You can't get rid of these things if you continue to walk in sin because that opens the door to demonic activity to work in your life.

2008 I went through more spiritual cleaning of my life and now, I am ready to completely cut the ties on these things once and for all.  I've made it so that certain people can never contact me again, and I'm now walking in the freedom I should've way back 6 yrs ago, but didn't.  You can't have one foot in God's kingdom and the other foot in sin.


Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment