Sunday, August 22, 2010

Jealousy


The last post was on "Judgmentalism". This post is on "Jealousy". This really hasn't been a thing that is familiar to me, however, since I am unable to pinpoint what these feelings are, I will deem it jealousy or at least some lie of the enemy that I've fed in some manner.

There are 2 people who are accomplishing a similar goal. Both are making progress towards it. One, in my opinion, is doing it in an unsafe, poor manner. More anger is directed towards her and I find myself very disapproving of her. A part of my mind feels she is harming herself in how she is accomplishing her goal and is doing it irresponsibly and really copping out. This is causing me to lose respect for her.

A part of me feels why should she be able to accomplish her goal doing it in a bad way when I've done it what I thought correctly and haven't gotten anywhere? The fact is, if I had done it correctly for myself, it would be working. So apparently, what I've been doing has not been the right thing for me.

The other person is really doing all the right steps, or what I deem the right steps and really getting efficiently to her goal. I'm happy for her but when I look at where I am and all my efforts seem fruitless, at least in outward results, the question I ask is why am I unable to get good results? Afterall, I've worked to hard for so long and nothing I've done has been right.

The realization from my mind is each of these people's success or failure or anything really has nothing to do with me and with them. If they achieve success, they benefit from it, not me. It is through their own choices, not mine. My mind is logical and bypasses my heart, which is often illogical.

The Bible says God is a jealous God. This means He desires our focus and does not compete with other people, events, or things for the focal point. So, jealousy in this manner is not bad. We could even be "jealous" for our time with God, meaning that we want to protect the time we have with God. That isn't bad because the focus is still God.

However, when we are jealous of somone having or doing something - basically it's coveting someone or something other than God, THAT is sin. The Bible says that we are to have no other "gods" before Him. Wanting what someone else is also a violation of one of the other ten commandments regarding coveting what your neighbor has. So, that's a violation of 2 of the ten commandments.

So, is this blog entry about my failings and nothing is learned from here? Absolutely not. The enemy would like me to believe that I'm doomed to continue in these negative thoughts & feelings, especially towards these 2 people. However, God's grace is sufficient to get me through these things into a better place to where He desires me to be.

Lord, I ask for Your forgiveness in coveting the results & accomplishments of these 2 people and for judging them. I am totally in the wrong and I want to see them and others through YOUR eyes, not my eyes. I want to see them with YOUR love, and not my own frailty. Thank you God that You remove my sins as far as the East is from the West. You are so incredible. Thank You for the shed blood of Your Son that covers ALL my sins - past, present & future. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

I do praise God for these 2 people in my life, as well as the other people that challenge me. What the enemy means for harm, God is teaching me that these really are opportunities He is giving me to heal areas of my life that need Him to fill, rather than what I have allowed to fill me -- lies.

Not really sure what the Lord is revealing to me, so I'm just going to pray and ask for His Divine intervention.
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment