Monday, December 5, 2011

Justice & Mercy


Often when I think of Justice, I see the woman who holds the balance scales.  For the past 7 yrs I have endured countless unjustices from some very bad, unthinkable things happening to small injustices.  The Bible says God is a God of justice.  When is justice needed?  It's needed when a wrong is committed.  Yet, if God reigned down his justice without any mercy, we'd all be doomed to hell for all eternity.  There is a fine balance.


As I have awaited God's justice instead of being vengeful (though I have felt like wanting to take things into my own hands), God's Word says in Hebrews 10:30 that it is for God to mete out His vengeance in His timing, not ours, I am beginning to see God dole out His justice along with mercy.  What I did not understand about His justice is that had He given it when I was angry and unforgiving, this would've had a much different impact on my life than when the anger has dissipated and forgiveness worked through and extended to the offender.

God really loves all of mankind and has given people chance after chance to make a right decision.

I found myself instead of gloating justice has been served, that there is a mixture of sadness and gladness.  Sadness for the hurts and wounds, the pain that had to go through.  Gladness in that the wrongs were not gotten away with.  Somewhere in there, there is an incredible amount of compassion, which is where the sadness comes from. 

As I'm entering a season of justice in my life for some things, there is a great deal of sadness in it that things ever had to come to this.  Maybe this is a part of God's heart, that He desires that not one person perishes, but all come to the saving grace and knowledge of His Son Jesus Christ.  But, eventually, justice has to be doled God because He is a good and Holy God who cannot stand sin.
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment