Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wed, 21-Dec-2011


Colorful Gerbera Daisy by twg1942
Colorful Gerbera Daisy, a photo by twg1942 on Flickr.

The photographer of this flower has captured well the essence and beauty of it - the delicacy, as well as the brilliance, yet such a simplicity.

Yesterday was the last school day of 2011 for my children. Today was a day of rest to shake off some of the stuff from this year. Over the past 2 days, I've gotten a chance to reconnect with some old friends, which all happened to be single males. That is quite interesting.

And, today I got an opportunity to get to know someone a bit better, another male, yet married. I'd have to say all the conversations with each male has been fun and fascinating.

As a learned observer of life, particularly my life, it intrigues me to see how God is changing me, helping me to conform more to His image, or that I see aspects of myself that aren't really all that godly.

Among these men, there is a range of strong faith, to weak faith, to different faith, to no faith rather self reliance.

All day long I've spent resting and just listening & reading about relationships and how to understand the dynamics of men and women better.

To these Gerbera Daisies, they seem vastly feminine, yet striking and gorgeous. I wonder if I am that, not only on the outside, but on the inside. Do I know and believe in the woman God made me to be, or am I filled with self doubt.

As I look at some of my friends with recent connections, now I look more inwardly and wonder if I've changed enough, evolved enough.

A different man in my life tells me I am perfect the way I am, that I need no changing. For a person that is in a perpetual state of continuous improvement, maybe that's something I have not learned to accept. Maybe what he meant was that right at this moment, I am perfect despite my flaws which maybe he sees as beautiful.

So, today I am learning to enjoy being a woman, to bask in the attention of good men in my life and appreciate each of my relationships with them whether they be frequent communications or seldom. Each add a different, unique element all their own.

God is so very good, and today I've been enable to embrace the whole day and what came with it. Have you?

Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment