Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dreams


For most of my life, that I can recall, I've always had lots of dreams - many of them recurring. Earlier this month, I began a Dream Interpretation class at my church. Finished 3 weeks of it so far (each class meets once a week for 1.5 hrs). Next week is the last week.

It's so very interesting the things I'm learning and I would suggest everyone take a sound Biblically based Dream Interpretation class. Some great resources are:
  • John Paul Jackson
  • James Goll
  • Jim Driscoll
  • Bob Jones
  • Mike Bickle
  • Doug Addison
  • Barbie Breathitt
  • Bill Johnson

These are just some of the ones I trust. Learning so much and it's too much to share here.

Have gotten back into documenting my dreams, which I'm doing this in a private blog. Haven't really interpretted any of the dreams yet, as I'm overwhelmed as to where to start. Though, my classes have been teaching me how to do this. There is this hesitation to do this, as I could be wrong. However, when you do dream interpretation, it's not to be done in our own strength, but through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Yes, you can use a 'Dream Dictionary', but it's used as a guide rather than a set thing that says it MUST mean this.

God speaks to use through dreams. The enemy also interjects dreams (nightmares) also, and some are caused by medications/things we subject ourselves to/pregnancy. Those are the 3 categories of which dreams come from. Not all dreams come from God, however, I'm comforted that God knows about all our dreams, whether they are from Him or not. So, even if the enemy wants to frighten me, I do not have to let him.

In many of my dreams, there are vehicles -- often they are trucks, trains or large vehicles. But, most recently, I've had bicycles and motorcycles. Many dreams I'm able to fly. There are large buildings and warehouses in many dreams or that I will be back as I am at the present age back in the home or town that I grew up in. Often there are very specific people in my dreams, some I haven't thought of in years.

Most nights I look forward to going to sleep, wondering what the Lord will allow me to dream, how He will speak to me. It's through my dreams that I can focus on Him, as sometimes I am all over the place when I'm awake from doing things with my children to my businesses to idle stuff to church to who knows what other distractions.

I encourage you to keep a dream journal. Sometimes there are patterns to them. I look forward to sharing with you more on Dreams.

Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment