Friday, July 30, 2010

Muscle Testing


God is such an incredible God. As I ponder how our bodies work, it's truly remarkable that so many systems have to work together in order for me to be well and alive and to do it in perfect order. If there was one more element added to air, it would no longer be air and I would not be able to breathe and live. Our bodies are also designed to self-heal, so as long as we provide it with the right conditions to heal, rather than hinder it.

That brings me to the topic of muscle testing. It's a way to ask our bodies if it likes something we are eating, exposed to or doing or not. You can do self-muscle testing or have someone else do the testing with you.

A couple days ago, my kids and I attended a little hour long class about how our fear responses system is developed as an infant, as well as the reflexes for this. After the class, somehow I asked a question that led to the naturopath sharing muscle testing, which the one he used, I already knew but didn't ever think to employ it in my life.

How often do we have a valuable tool right at our fingertips and we fail to utilize it to benefit our lives? One of them would be the Bible. Another would be our brain. And, still another, is the intuitive side God gives us, which operates on a subconscious level.

As we sat their, the naturopath tested my daughter on the foods she was eating. We happened to be at Jack In The Box (yes, odd place to have a health class), but not eating any of their foods, rather we bought healthier foods at the store to eat (it was a late dinner). He tested the veggies, the ranch dressing, the fruit and the water. It turned out, for my daughter, her body loved the veggies and water, but not the fruit cup nor the water bottle. Odd, eh? Goes to show that those plastic water bottles that you toss are not that good for you.

Earlier this morning when we were at a friend's house swimming, we tested her on which foods she could eat. She was disappointed that she should not eat certain things, like the pastries & chips, but her body was totally okay with her eating fresh, raw fruit, hummus, and pita. Yay!!

This afternoon, she suggested we use muscle testing to see which movies on DVD she could watch. She was the one that suggested this and I would've never thought to do this, but it was a great idea. So we would not be influenced by the movie, she did not tell me the movie and I just did the muscle testing on each movie. She was disappointed she could not watch certain movies, but accepted it.

Everything has energy - all matter is made up of energy and everything has a vibrational frequency. No, this is not New Age stuff, rather just something I learned as a child in science class. Later in life, this idea was further expounded on in more complicated ways, which I will not go further into.

Each DVD has a vibrational frequency that is different than another DVD. Somehow it translates a message to each person's body and if you listen to your body, it will tell you what it wants and what it doesn't want.

For example, we've all had to go #2 and you can tell, right? Your body gives you the signals that it wants you to go to #2 and if you ignore it long enough, you'll find this is not a very pleasant thing. Yes, a drastic scenario, but hope it gets the point across.

I've also heard of people who were lactose intolerant who take Lactaid. Now, their bodies are telling them they do NOT want dairy, yet giving the Lactaid is overriding the body's system so YOU can have what you WANT. Not good. This does bad stuff to the body if you continuouslly do this.

Those with small children, what do you do when your child says they need to go to the bathroom. YOU TAKE THEM TO THE BATHROOM IMMEDIATELY!! Why? Because they know how to listen to their bodies and to act quickly. How we as adults can learn from little children.

Just as our bodies tell us things to do and not to do, so does the Holy Spirit. For those who are Christians, the Holy Spirit speaks to our own spirit, guiding us into making right decisions. Do we listen? Sometimes it just seems like a little hint or a voice that speaks so quietly. We do need to know how to listen to the Holy Spirit when it says we should or should not do something.

Anyway, I thought this was a great thing my kids and I learned this week and a fun thing, too.

There are sites that if you google it, you'll come up with all sorts of things on muscle testing. Some of them are pretty bizarre and I would not get into. Use wisdom in the sites you go to and ask God for discernment. I was interested in some self muscle testing and googled that and came up with some far out New Age stuff that gave me the creeps. Decided the Holy Spirit was giving me a warning to not go there and so I moved onto some other sites that were okay.

Also, what may be okay for one person may not be for another -- it really depends upon your relationship with God and where you are spiritually. When my daughter did the muscle testing for me on the movies, my group of movies were much bigger than hers, however, there were certain movies (mainly those that had romantic love stories) my body told me that I ought not watch. That was hilarious because that was also done blindly and we looked at the list of movies after all the muscle testing was done and it turned out those love stories were things for me NOT to watch. My body knows better.
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment