Monday, June 20, 2011

Worship


Worship is a very important part of one's relationship with God.  My church focuses greatly on worship.  Service begins with a long worship, which is anywhere from 25-35 min.  Each life group also has about a 1/2 hr worship.  It's really important.  Why do we want to worship?  It prepares our hearts to hear from God.

What I just noticed at 3:30 am while writing was the first 4 letters of the word HEART begins with HEAR.  How can we hear if our hearts aren't prepared? 

Music, for me, has been a big part of my life since I was a toddler.  Having been trained on various instruments through my growing up years, music was huge.  There is something about music that touches the hearts of people - young and old, happy or sad, and all that in between. 

Worship is kind of like that warmup phase.  We get to get the blood circulating, our spiritual juices going. 

Anyway, worship in my private, personal life is really not very good.  There are periods I go many days without any worship and when I do, it's usually me multi-tasking.  Not good.

Unlike reading/studying the Bible, or prayer, which neither I can multi-task, worship I need to just not be on the computer and just really focus on God.  This is where I really need to ask God to help me focus on Him.
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment