Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tues, 13-Dec-2011 --- Road Work Ahead


I read this year in my Single Mom's newsletter that if you see a red flag, there is probably a parade that follows.  This was in regards to men.  As single moms, we carry a huge responsibility to raise up our children.  As godly women, it is an even greater responsibility to train up our children in the way they should be in the sight of God amidst a world and society that does not share biblical standards.

When I became a single mom 4.5 yrs ago, it was devestating, because it didn't have to happen that way.  Or, maybe, as I reflect upon this more seriously, it was brewing in the background and this was just the opportunity and culmination of the underlying.  God ordained marriage and He desires marriages to remain in tact, however, we live in a sinful world.  Marriages often do not last, at least in the American culture.  More than half of all marriages fail for one reason or another.

As I think back to where I have been on this road of life, there were times when I could see "ROAD WORK AHEAD" and then a whole series of red flags and barracades to signal to drivers on my road of life that there was a lot of life construction ahead.  In hindsight, this was totally the case.  In fact, there were road blocks and detour signs to route you to a different route.

Love this picture as you can see as one car is speeding by and another is just approaching, perhaps more cautiously, leaving.  Sometimes I wonder if that is like some of the men in my life.  Some come at me at breakneck speeds not realizing there is a lot of road work ahead, and then other men leave my life because their time in my road of life is over.

This picture could really reflect that of any person and as I think right now of some of my relationships, I just wish things were a little more black and white, clearer for us to see so we can avoid potential disaster.  Or, maybe they were clear but my own jaded perspective didn't allow me to see clearly.

With bittersweetness I think about how God's heart must break when we fail to see through His eyes and through our own selfishness.  Maybe the rainy weather we've been having is God sharing His heart for how I feel.  I look forward to the skies clearing, the sun coming out and basking amidst the glorious blue drapery among a crisp morning.  The sun will come out again.
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment