Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thurs, 9-Feb-2012 -- Three Feet From Gold


Gold ingots by Buy Silver Gold
Gold ingots, a photo by Buy Silver Gold on Flickr.
I heard a story awhile back about these gold miners that kept digging for gold in California back during the Gold Rush days and never struck gold. They gave up and what they didn't realize was that they were 3' from hitting a tremendous gold vein that would've made them incredibly rich. They gave up.

How often do we give up on things that are important because things don't turn out the way we plan, or we run into a lot of detours, roadblocks? It's down right frustrating and aggravating.

When Adam & Eve got kicked out of the Garden of Eden in the book of Genesis in the Bible, one of the things God said was that man would have to work really hard, and it would be grueling.

As I look back at certain areas of my life, I think about how hard, yes, how hard, I worked at so many things in my life. No one could say that I did not have heart and passion. And, yet, often I would fail and get back up again and again.

Certainly failing so many times was not in my plan. It seemed like very little came easy to me, but God kept revealing Himself throughout my life to show that I was gifted in many things, but they were not the things that were outwardly as pinpointed.

God gave me heart & passion, a persevering attitude. The past few years, I've been hit with tremendous blows to my life, which sent me reeling and spinning, knocked to the ground not knowing if I could get up again. Actually, I couldn't.

Jehovah-Jireh (the Lord my Provider) came to my rescue, and He brought troops, many people to come to my side to help me back up. There was no strength to stand up, so God has to be my legs.

A couple weeks, I got dealt a blow that I didn't think I could recover. Yet ANOTHER thing! How much can a person take? God needed my undivided attention and expediency to listen to Him, to take action.

I just prayed and cried out to my God. I don't know what to do! Help! God began whispering a few words here and there, and I immediately obeyed.

Two weeks later, I'm so excited. Maybe all those years of hard work and not seeming to get anywhere, now is being accelerated to overcome a bad situation with unsurpassing Divine quickness. I'm truly floored and praise my God!

For the past 2 yrs, I have been just 3' from Gold and didn't know it. This specific journey I'm referring to isn't over and I have a ways to go, but what I've seen in the past 2 weeks I was not able to accomplish on my own in the past 25 yrs.

What can God do to a person wholly submitted to Him? More than I could ever imagine or do on my own. I need Him for every step of my life, every breath.

My God is the most extraordinary ever. He is the Great I AM! He is my all sufficiency.
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment