Monday, February 20, 2012

Mon, 20-Feb-2012 -- Flawed


Flaws by PegaPPP
Flaws, a photo by PegaPPP on Flickr.

I have been lately thinking about how flawed every single person on this earth is. There is no one that does not have a massive amount of flaws. Some seem to hide it better than others. Some flaunt their flaws. Others live in denial or avoidance.

For a long time, I was all those at various times in my life. But, I'm learning to deal with those flaws in constructive and productive ways. Still a long way to go and there is even grace for those who live in avoidance or in places where I used to be.

However, something I have learned lately more and more is that when we attempt to conquer and get beyond these flaws without God's Divine Intervention, at best, we get somewhere to really end up nowhere.

Honestly, I cannot fix myself. Through so much, God has given me a heart that seems to learn to be in continual repentence and with repentence, which is not only acknowledging what we are doing is wrong and asking for forgiveness, but it's releasing it and allowing/stepping out in faith to allow God to change me.

How would this all be done without God? I have not a clue, because I don't think I could truly repent and that my life would change without Jesus Christ.

As my time on this earth marches on, as I live a repentent life before Christ, it changes.

Another thing I'm learning is that I cannot change anyone or really help someone who doesn't want to be helped. The truth is, I can't change anyone even if they want to change. It's the power of Jesus Christ that can change you, not me.

I can want, desire, wish, whatever you call it, but unless there is submission to Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, and that once He is, that you give up control of your life so that He can be Lord of it, you won't change in the end.

Sometimes some people's flaws are such a great contrast to mine, that I do have to remove myself from the situation and/or person, or find myself caught in their flaws and not living my life as Christ would have me, fulfilling my destiny.

God bless you.

Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment