Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sun, 8-Apr-2012 -- My Distress Became His


Distressed Barn by Extra Medium
Distressed Barn, a photo by Extra Medium on Flickr.

It's been awhile since I wrote in this blog and I've been trying to think of something to write, something that'll hit me. The past 10 weeks I've been really focused on my health and getting things under control there.

However, as I think of things in my life, this photo by John Mueller is so beautiful. He is a gifted photographer, as well as engineer. Recently God blessed him with getting married.

Anyway, as I look at this photo, it really is in the eye of the photographer as well as the viewer. It looks both at the same time unsightly, yet filled with great beauty.

I believe the photo was touched up and some photoshop type stuff. How does that relate to our lives?

John has this amazing eye and perspective when it comes to taking photographs and he's one of my favorite photographers. Anyway, the post wasn't to brag on, but the image of this barn has sorta haunted me since I saw it about 2 weeks or so ago, maybe less.

To think of it, it does sorta look ugly. Who would want it? I think we all come to God looking pretty ugly with all our sins. To a Holy God who has no sin, sin is just plain nasty. There is no beauty in it.

However, to an omnipotent God who has a love that I cannot fathom, His love saw me in a completely different way. The sacrifice that He made on the Cross for my sins, took what should've been completely torn down, demolished for good, into life.

There are areas of my life that really look pretty ugly, but God is breathing new life in a different way, His Way. He's the ultimate photographer for my life and I want to see through His lens.

He's working to Photoshop my life into an exquisite masterpiece. He'll do that to Your life, if you'll let Him.

Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment