Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Good Parking Spots


As I sit here in a cafe in a very nice area of the valley with my laptop in the corner, hiding behind a little wall, iPod earbuds in, my mind waivers between empowering thoughts of who I am in Christ, and my most recently failed courtship of nearly a year. It's left me feeling very lonely, as I had grown accustomed to daily communications with my former beau now to practically nothing. He's shared my life with me for nearly the past year and I'm alone again.

All too often I've heard women complain about why men don't commit, even when she is what he said he wanted. Then, there are some men that are so wanting to commit, yet they either aren't in my life or not enough of the pieces of the puzzle fit, the chemistry or something isn't right.

Yes, there are multiple books on this subject ranging from how do each of the opposite sex think/act/feel to the law of attraction stuff. Frankly, I do understand some things and others I do not.

I heard this a few years ago in a sermon by Joel O'Steen. He talked about praying for the good parking spots. So, I began praying for these good parking spots and began getting them. God is a good God and He's always good. God doesn't cause bad things to happen. Satan is bad all the time. There is no good in Satan.

Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them who love the Lord and are the called according to His purpose." So, even when something bad does happen, God can turn what was meant for evil around for good. It's a bit hard to rationalize when something bad happens how God can turn that around and that He did not cause it.

He is God and He knows what decisions everyone will make. We are also not puppets, rather God gives EVERYONE free will, the freedom to choose whatever they want. That doesn't mean there aren't any consequences, as there are to all decisions we make.

Okay, back to the parking spots. I notice that most of the time I get awesome parking spaces. The whole parking lot may be full and just as I pull into the area, a spot opens up right in front. It's so funny that my kids and I automatically expect God to bless us with a good space. Lately, since it's so hot here in the Valley of the Sun, I opt for sometimes walking further to get a shady parking spot, and so we often get a shady spot.

God is so good.

In terms of men, though I do not want to go from relationship-to-relationship, I ought to adopt the same thought process as I do parking spaces ---> good relationships come into my life, especially really good men, and one of them will be my future husband. What do you think? :)
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment