Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pain


The song by Josh Wilson, "Before The Morning" says, the pain that you're feeling is the dark before the morning. Considering all the pain I've gone through the past decade of a failed marriage, the loss of my family unit, going from being a near millionaire to having no money and deeply in debt, health issues, safety issues, run in's with the law from various forms, violence against me, other failed relationships, friendship betrayals, loss of dreams . . . I can honestly say that God is so very good.

Not that any of these situations are desirable as they are NOT! But, through each of these situations, I've gained new insights, greater empathy & compassion as I walk through the hell of all this mess. God has moved mightily and though the pain was/is unbearable during the darkest moments of each, He was able to lift me up, hold my hand, and often carry me through the situation when all I wanted to do was die.

All that pain is fading to memories. It doesn't stay unless you choose to allow it to. There is a great joy that eminates from deep within that isn't dependent upon circumstances, rather it rests on who God says He is. Who is He? He's God and He's a good God!
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment