Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gratitude Stats


I think it's really important daily to have an attitude of gratitude. Everyone can find things to be thankful for and you can be thankful for anything (preferably not bad things happening to others). While in this one group I was in several years ago, a person started a goal of doing 5 gratitudes per day, which I adopted. I continued in that group doing at least 5 gratitudes a day, often more for a couple years. When I left the group, I continued some of that here in FB, but because some of my gratitudes were so personal, I chose to go private for only a select few to read.

Here are some interesting stats about the 1325 days I've logged gratitudes (that's 3.63 years). I thought I hadn't missed any days, but I had missed 3 days with no gratitude list. :(

Some Stats:

Total Gratitudes in 1325 Days: 16,325

Min. Gratitudes/Day = 5
Max. Gratitudes/Day = 85

Average Daily Gratitude = 12.32

Days Most Gratitudes = Wed (2446 gratitudes), Tues (2401 gratitudes)

Days Fewest Gratitudes = Sat (2233 gratitudes), Fri (2251 gratitudes)

These are just the gratitudes I write out. My kids and I verbally share our gratitudes with each other at least in the morning and evening, if not also sometime during the middle of the day. It's really a very awesome thing.

Having a thankful heart has really helped us through some really rough periods. I'm sure we would've been far worse off had we not been reminded morning, afternoon, evening to find things to be thankful for.

I look forward to be able to log tens of thousands of gratitudes over my lifetime.

Won't you join me?
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment