Friday, June 25, 2010

Slowing Down


I once had a different thought in life - go as fast as you can, do as much as you can. You might miss out. Maybe in going as fast as you can and doing as much as you can, you miss out. Life, for me, for the past 20+ years has gone by so fast. My schedule has been booked.

When children came into my life, my own children, life moved even faster. It wasn't until this past year, when my already devestating financial situation turned worse and worse. Life had to slow down because I wasn't able to pay for things I'd always been able to.

Instead, my children and I just grew to spend time together, to enjoy each other, to laugh, to play, to give hugs and kisses, to give thanks. As our finances grew worse, we began to add blessings to the verbal gratitudes we already had been doing for the past 3 shares that we shared with each other. We chose to verbally express who or what we wanted to bless.

Yesterday, I got to speak to a friend who is 5 months older than me. He told me a few months ago, he had a mini-stroke. Life is too short. He lived a life where he chased after material things and enjoyed them, but it wasn't worth it. Now, life has slowed down for him, and he's able to "smell the rose". The stroke was a blessing in disguise.

My financial woes are a blessing in disguise.

God is a good God. He did not create or want for my financial woes, nor my friend's stroke. He does not cause disease, sickness, or trauma. He's a good God and can only do good things. However, He is a God that can use those situations that are created either by our own choices, or by the choices of others that are not good, and turn those situations out for His glory.

Ask yourself - are those goals really worth it? Is it worth stressing everyone out for XXXX?

Stop and appreciate your life where you have. You never know when it's your time to meet your maker.
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment