Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Supporting Each Other's Dreams



Yesterday my husband and I took our kids and one of our nephews in search of snow in Arizona so they could go sledding and lo and behold, we found snow without dangerous road conditions.  It was only a few hours, but the kids were able to build their first real snowman and we are so proud of them.  This snowman has character and not sure which kid did the face.

As I reflect upon our 2016, it has flown by and I cannot believe that within a few days, it will be 2017.  In this past year, I've seen our marriage blossom even more and seen God's blessings as well as His protection of our marriage and our family.  Our daughter turned 16 this year and our son is now officially a teenager.  So, we have two teenagers in our home.

My husband bought his dream camera he saved a good portion of the year for and I am so proud of him for waiting and saving for this.  And, this year for Christmas he bought me a piano.  My old Behr piano is not in great condition and needs a great deal of work, more than $10K to restore it and we do not have room for it in our home right now.  My husband was so excited to get this for me and when we finally got it and set it up, a few days before Christmas, he just wanted to hear me play and play and play.

I wanted him to get his full frame camera a little earlier and found a way he could this even though he didn't have all the money for it quite yet without it costing a cent more.  We got to reflect on how we've supported each others' dreams throughout these four years, which draws us closer to each other.

On many occasions, I will go with my husband, hiking and trekking into areas at all hours of the day or night for him to capture photos, being his support person.  Sometimes our children will come along and we are his support team.  But, I think supporting each other in our interests is a great common point to build upon.

And, as I think about my marriage to my husband and how God has made it thrive, I also think about my relationship with God in that when my soul gets more and more healed, how that allows my relationship with God to thrive even more because there are fewer hindrances.

Isn't God so good?

I never thought after two failed marriages and even how we were so challenged in our first year that we would be where we are today.  And, I pray that as each week, month, year goes by, my marriage to my husband grows and thrives more and more together and that God would be first and foremost.

So thankful to God for His blessings and His transformation in my life.  It is my hope and prayer for each couple married that your marriage would also thrive!!!
Doris Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment